Monday, January 16, 2012

Gardening this week? Looking for inspiration?

I love gardening, I never seem to have enough time in my day or week to do everything that I would like to and if I had an endless budget I would probably spend chunks of my hard earned cash on surrounding myself with the most glorious plants.

Gardens are a place of refuge, new growth, pruning - and as the gardener you get to choose the direction you want to take - creativity at its best.

I love the landscaping ideas found in any Garden and Home magazines, or photographs of gardens in exotic locations,  botanical gardens with their indigenous plants and of course garden furniture that creates a haven of solitude and beauty.

But then, here I am in a house with no garden so to speak and a budget that couldn't buy even one container advertised in any those lovely books we all like to page through.  So I am always on the hunt for unusual ideas for gardening.  Recycled, refurbished, budget ideas.  And here are some of my favourites.




Recycled soda bottles, mason jars and tins.  Anyone can do this!
 
Herbs in shoe holders
A birdhouse and feeder from an old teapot.
Recycling Kitchenware for the Garden
This is just the cutest idea, especially for when they outgrow their Wellingtons
Who would have thought a succulent and a stiletto could be such a good combination?
I think my children would love this idea
Happy Gardening!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead, leave a comment! I would love to hear from you!